April 7, 2017

The Best Is Yet To Come


Hello,

I know it's been quite a while since I've blogged, and I whole-heartedly apologize for that.  I must say that it has been an amazing start to 2017.  In March, I became the proud recipient of the Parenting Media Association's Gold Award for my article featured in Central Penn Parent's Capabilities magazine published last fall—the highest award possible for the publication.  I was so thrilled at this honor that it's still hard to believe!  If you haven't read it, I posted it a couple of months ago.

This week, I spoke in front of a class at Messiah that one of my good friend teaches who also has Cerebral Palsy.  The class is entitled, Disability and Society.  (What a name!)  As I began my presentation, I looked over the small gathering of faces, eagerly awaiting the start of my speech.  I was suddenly struck by the magnitude of the impact I had on the students.  Like I said to my friend, what an awesome group.  It did my old heart really well.  Hehe!

In the past few months, I've been awed at the outpouring of support, encouragement, and overall love I've received.  As I celebrate another birthday next week, I realize the best is yet to come.  I can't wait to see what happens next!

Thank you all!

2 comments - Post a Comment:

Lynda

So glad to see you back online!!! And so proud of your continued accomplishments... SOOOOOOOO deserving!!!

Happy birthday early!!!

Karen

Sounds like a great few months! We, too, can't wait to see what happens next!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP