August 30, 2013

The Purpose Driven Life


I know it may sound cheesy, but I saw the quote below on Facebook today and fell in love with it.  It spoke directly to me, not only as I embark on another semester at Messiah, but about life’s principles in general.  Coming upon this quote seemed auspicious at this juncture in my life as I anticipate what my final fall semester will entail.  I thank everyone for their support as they continue to follow my unending journey.

"You know you’re surrendered to God when you rely on God to work things out instead of trying to manipulate others, force your agenda, and control the situation. You let go and let God work. You don't have to always be 'in charge.' The Bible says, 'Surrender yourself to the Lord, and wait patiently for him,' Psalm 37:7a (GWT). Instead of trying harder, you trust more. You also know you’re surrendered when you don’t react to criticism and rush to defend yourself. Surrendered hearts show up best in relationships. You don’t edge others out, you don’t demand your rights, and you aren’t self-serving when you’re surrendered."

From The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.

0 comments - Post a Comment:

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP