January 25, 2013

Gifts

As you may already know, new adventures entice me, especially if it involves a different way of life.  This week, I had the privilege of visiting a Mennonite school, where my friend, Ann, teaches.  I have to say it was the most refreshing experience I had for a long time.  Ann teaches a special class, and her kindness and patience with her student amazed and even caused my heart to sing.

After leaving Ann’s classroom, I visited another, and to my amazement, the teacher displayed the same attitude as Ann.  Pondering my own primary school experience, I wondered if my educational quest would have been a more positive journey if the same attitude prevailed.  Leaving the school, I discovered a revelation, maybe one that I knew, but never put it in words.  The acts of kindness and patience carry a special gift to both giver and receiver.  It is a chance for a giver to watch seeds of kindness grow and take root, and the receiver gains the gift of faith, faith to show the world their inner self!  What precious gifts!

0 comments - Post a Comment:

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP