August 10, 2012

Hope


Yesterday, as my internship ended, I thought how I compared myself to Emily Dickinson in one of my early blog posts.  The poem on my blog fits me precisely.  Emily Dickinson never penned truer words.  Hope, I discovered, is a thing with wings because it takes you places you never been before.  For me, my internship is proof of that. 

I would like to extend a grateful thanks to the staff at UCP, especially Lynda Bowen, who entrusted me with the internship, and allowed me to be part of their voice for a short time.  As I prepare for another journey this fall, I know I will look upon my college career, and life in general, with a renewed lease.  Most importantly, during my time at UCP, I learned if you follow your dreams, there is no telling what will come.  Just have HOPE!

1 comments - Post a Comment:

Lynda

Hope,I'll tell you what I told my colleagues last week: I'm thrilled that this internship has allowed you to see yourself as someone more than the intelligent, thoughtful, accomplished writer and student you are... to the intelligent, thoughtful, insightful, creative, hard-working AND FUN colleague that you will prove to be for any employer who is forward-thinking enough to hire you. It's been my joy and honor to work alongside you this summer.
Lynda

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP