August 1, 2012

Robert Frost

Today, I read some of the poems of Robert Frost and remembered that I wrote a poem in a reflection of one of his.  I thought I would post it for you.  Enjoy!

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I –
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost, Excerpt from “The Road Not Taken, Mountain Interval, 1920”



View of “The Road Not Taken”

So many years have passed.
Life eternally presents many roads to travel by.
Youth pretends to be our friend,
displaying all the splendors of life
before our very eyes.
Then, one day we have to choose;
win or lose. 
Yes, the ‘one less traveled by’ is
the one, excluding much fun.
Are we happy with this plight?
Yes, because we know what is right and wrong,
thus, we do what is right.

0 comments - Post a Comment:

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP