August 7, 2012

The Finale? Not Quite Yet!



It seems my focus this week is on endings; the ending of summer, my internship and a somewhat carefree existence.  Isn’t that what summer means: that bubble of time where you let yourself go?  As I think of the final weeks of this summer, especially the final week of my internship, sadness tugs at my heart.  It is the ending of something special and unique to me.  I enjoyed not only the tasks assigned to me, but making a difference in people’s thoughts, maybe even existence.  That was the most rewarding part of the journey.

Just maybe I learned a valuable lesson, also.  Even as a little girl, it fascinated me how words shape individuals’ thoughts and perceptions.  I guess as an English major, I realized the importance of language to a certain extent, but never examined it in much detail.  After writing so many literary treatises, words lost their glamor, and most importantly, meaning.  

During my internship with United Cerebral Palsy, I learned words, MY words, impacted so many people it still totally amazes me.  To be presented with the opportunity this summer to intern with UCP still boggles my mind.  What an amazing experience!  Even though I am grieved over its ending, I’ll think upon my internship with happiness and hope I will have the opportunity to be honored with the pleasure again!

0 comments - Post a Comment:

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP