August 31, 2012

I’m Back


 Hi Folks,

As promised, here is my weekly blog.  Better late than never, right?  As all of you are aware, I’m back at Messiah College and taking one of my last required English courses this fall in order to graduate.  I believe Composition Theory and Pedagogy will be a very thought-provoking class, much more so than others.  In lieu of a mentorship program requirement for the other students, I will be mentoring myself through my blog. 

On Tuesday, the first day of class, the professor handed out a list of quotes to respond to in writing.  I found a quote that fits me perfectly.  “Why am I compelled to write?  Because the writing saves me from this complacency I fear.  Because I have no choice.  Because I must keep the spirit of my revolt and myself alive.  Because the world I create in the writing compensates for what the real world does not give me.  By writing I put order in the world, give it a handle so I can grasp it…Finally I write because I’m scared of writing but I’m more scared of not writing.”  Strangely enough, this continuously has been an anthem throughout my life.  This is true, not only for me, but for others.  I feel if I didn’t write, I would burst at the seam.  As I said before, I hope I can engender change in lives similar to my own.  I hope that as readers saw in my blog throughout the summer, and continue to see, complacency is not a choice not only for me, but also for all of us. 

0 comments - Post a Comment:

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP