July 31, 2012

Grace


Today, I wanted to do a little commentary on a movie I saw over the weekend.  Amish Grace is a moving testimonial of the Amish school shooting that happened near home a few years ago.  The movie represents the omnipresent faith and forgiveness these individuals posses, yet shows the human side of them as well.  As I watched the movie, I pondered my own faith and the ability to forgive, and like everyone, sometimes I fall short of this act.  I came to the realization that the mere thought of forgiveness is a way to cleanse the mind, but allows errors and us to be human.  What a revelation!

1 comments - Post a Comment:

Lynda

Hope: I found the topic of this post to be especially timely. I've been thinking about the matter of grace (which is inextricably intertwined with the concepts of faith and forgiveness) all week. The guest pastor at my church on Sunday gave a message on precisely that topic and used the story of the adultress in John 8 to make this point: grace neither accusess or excuses. It is simply given.

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP