July 17, 2012

Beach Trip


Sometimes, we need to remember the gifts that are bestowed upon us every single day.  Last week was a reminder to me although untoward events occur; there is always a positive aspect to every situation and to treasure those gifts.

I absolutely love the beach, but we haven’t gone as much this summer as we have in the past.  The opportunity arose for me to go with my friend, Alta, and two of her Mennonite buddies.  As the day approached, my heart swelled.  I was ready to burst by the time the day arrived.  The van was packed and loaded, and after saying goodbye to Mom, Alta and I were on our way.  Halfway through our trip, we heard a loud boom…we discovered one of the tires went flat!  We sat and waited for two hours, and we were on our way again, minus the flat tire…Crisis averted.  Hooray!

After spending three fun-filled days at the beach, it was time to go home.  I was a little sad to go, but ready to see my Mom.  The old adage applied; it’s good to be away, but even better to go home!  As Alta and I made our way to Pennsylvania, I noticed an odd smell coming from the van.  The smell became stronger, and Alta managed to pull into a garage.  After waiting two hours, my Mom finally made it to to Delaware and rescued us.  Needless to say, Alta and I were both ready to spit nails!

Looking back on our trip, though, I realized as much as we had our trials, we were also blessed: Blessed that we had a wonderful time while at the beach.  I swear I never laughed so hard in my life!  The time at the beach signified to me that whatever obstacles come into our path, there is always a way to overcome them, even if that means a little sweat and dirt along the way!

2 comments - Post a Comment:

Karen

What an adventure, Hope! So true, there is always a way to overcome obstacles that life throws at you. Glad you had some FUN days while you were there!

Anonymous

Hope: I'm so glad to hear that you had a great time at the beach, despite the van malfunctions. Gladder still to hear that you made it home safely! :)
Lynda

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP