July 24, 2012

A New Era


In my travels today, I found a very uplifting article about a girl with Down syndrome who is a swimwear model for a major designer’s campaign.  For me, it’s the sign of changing times; and it will usher in a new era.  It gladdens my heart this is taking place!  As I said before, I grew up with the underlying stigma of being “different” and somewhat of a novelty in school.  It is a great boost, not only to the disabled world, but also to the community at large to have special needs clients for this effort.  Change is afoot, and I can’t wait to see what comes next!

1 comments - Post a Comment:

Lynda

Hope, I concur wholeheartedly. This designer deserves kudos. More importantly, so do you and the many others like you who are making it not only possible--but fashionable--to see beyond your disability... and to appreciate and share your God-given ABILITIES.

You go, girl!!!

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP