July 6, 2012

World CP Day


World CP Day is two months away, but today, my brain worked overtime and I came up with twenty-five items that would better my life greatly.  If you have any ideas to add to the list, please post.  Have a good weekend.

1.     Ability to text—telephone—eye scan
2.     Joystick or eye controlled ipod
3.     Eye scanning keyboard
4.     Eye scanning mouse
5.     Absorbing designer clothing
6.     Mini toe keyboard pointer
7.     Eye scanning computer screen
8.     Eye activated VCR \ DVD player
9.     Toe activated VCR\DVD player
10.  TV touch screen remote (separate from actual TV)
11.  Eye activated lights (on and off)
12.  Eye \ toe activated window blinds (up and down)
13.  Eye \ toe activated radio
14.  Eye \ toe activated CD player
15.  Eye activated keyboard
16.  Powered wheelchair to go on the beach
17.  Eye / toe activated beach umbrella
18.  Eye \ toe activated sun screen dispenser
19.  Eye \ toe activated temperature guage for shower
20.  Eye \ toe activated stair lift chair
21.  Automatic shampoo dispenser
22.  Automatic shower head (one that moves by eye or foot)
23.  Automatic night light (one that moves by eye or foot)
24.  Eye volume activated speakers for the computer
25.  Automatic printer page sorter (one that moves by eye or foot)

3 comments - Post a Comment:

Anonymous

Hope,
I am enjoying your blogs, I look forward to opening my email in the mornings to see if you have posted something new!
How brave of you to share your thoughts with all of us. Although I have known and loved you for years, I not sure I really understood all of your daily challenges. Thank you for opening my eyes, I wish it was in my power to take just one of your 25 items off your list. Pam

Laura H.

Believe it or not, number 16 actually exists! It was invented by a guy with a spinal cord injury, I think he was/ is an engineer.

Lisa H.

Several eye-gaze technology solutions do exist... but they tend to be very costly. One of the really exciting prospects of the Change My World in One Minute (read more at http://www.worldcpday.org/) is the possibility of developing more accessible--not just available, but affordable--solutions.

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP