July 3, 2013

Ralph

In recognition of Independence Day, and on behalf of UCP Central PA, I’d like to introduce you to their mascot and my new friend, the Ability Bear.  As I sit at my computer, my little bear, Ralph, as I named him, looks at me with a smile, encouraging all of my daily endeavors.  Bold words, “No Limits,” are imprinted in yellow on his green shirt.  Over the years, I developed my own sense of the word. Now, thinking about it, I realize my life has been chalk full of examples.

Even as a young child, I grasped the concept of “no limits” and never let it go.  I went to weekly physical therapy sessions and eventually strengthened my body so I had the ability to move with greater ease. Graduating from high school on time was another defining moment in my quest to prove my “ability.”

Another example in my life was the naysayers who said I wasn’t college material. Fortunately, for every individual who discouraged me and tried to impose limits on what I could and couldn’t do, there were others who provided encouragement and told me I could do whatever I set my mind to. I believe a 3.88 GPA at Messiah College shows who got the better of that argument. 

At the beginning of every semester, I encounter a seemingly insurmountable amount of classwork. But through hard work, persistence, and determination, I always manage to complete it. Finally, my work as an intern in the UCP Development Department proves there are no limits to my ability to be an integral resource for any prospective employer. 

So, on this Independence Day, it is my fervent Hope that Ralph’s exhortation of “No Limits,” along with examples from my own personal experience, serve as a reminder that anything is possible, if only you truly believe in your abilities.

2 comments - Post a Comment:

Anonymous

Beautifully written! You are a beacon to others. Happy Independence Day! Ange

Anonymous

Great message Hope! Happy Independence Day to you and Ralph!!!

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP