July 1, 2013

Whispering Hope


Last night, I attended a hymn sing with my friend, Alta.  Although all the songs were beautiful, one stood out in my mind.  As the singers began “Whispering Hope,” a familiar happiness washed throughout my soul.  Even though the song bears my name, it holds an even more symbolic meaning for me as I become older.  Whether it is pre-destiny or coincidence, I believe some names determine personalities, at least, it seemingly does mine.  To me, my name embodies the spirit of everlasting determination and the continuing faith I posses.  When I hear the song, these feelings rise to the forefront of my entire soul.  I only HOPE I live up to my name everyday and am a gentle reminder of what His promise holds for all of us.

1 comments - Post a Comment:

Mrs. G.

Dear Hope,
It warmed my heart to open the Patriot News today and see your picture with your smile and perky haircut staring at me. What a joy to see how very far you have come since you were in my seventh grade language arts class. In those days you and Mrs. Cassidy were a great team! Even then, you were determined. I suspect that her talent for pushing you to do your best played some part in your success. As you worked together you were an inspiration to me. Sincere congratulations for the extraordinary effort you put into every day of your life. You taught me a lot about determination and spirit. I wish you every success in your "Journey of Hope". I will be watching.
PS. Your Emily Dickinson poem has always been one of my favorites.
Fond regards,
Mrs. (Barbara) Geistwhite

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP