June 19, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Wow, it’s hard to believe it’s been two weeks since I began my internship at United Cerebral Palsy. I absolutely love it. It amazes me an organization, such as UCP, touches the lives of so many people in so many ways. To be part of that is awesome! I feel a great sense of accomplishment because I dreamed of this moment for years. This is the culminating event in my mind. To be honored with such an opportunity is still astonishing.As one of my first assignments, I read Get Up, Your Bus is Here by Stephen Dantzig. I was in total awe of his determination, and, ultimately, success. In his book, he leaves readers with parting advice, “the risks are greater, so are the payoffs. Don’t fear success.” Even though that is true for all of us, which is especially true for me. Payoffs are much greater than risks. My internship proves that everyday!

7 comments - Post a Comment:

Lisa Hasselbrook

Hope, it's an honor and a pleasure to have you working with us this summer! I have been enjoying reading your blog. You are a truly gifted writer--thoughtful and eloquent--I can't wait to read more.

Lynda B

Hope: sorry it's taken me so long to comment... I'm technologically challenged, as you know! I am absolutely LOVING having you as part of our team and look forward to what the rest of the summer holds!

Karen

Hope: You are such a motivating individual! I'm really looking forward to what we are able to accomplish together this summer.

Gretchen C.

Hope it is indeed an honor and pleasure to have the opportunity to work with you. Your smile is infectious, and your
accomplishments amaze me; you are truly an inspiration.

Jmlatin

Hope: we are all so honored to be able to venture into this chapter of your life with you. Your blog will no doubt provide followers with ongoing inspiration. I appreciate your willingness to share your incredible talents, unique perspective, and compassionate personality with us this summer. We are truly blessed. I can not wait to read more!

JStodolak

Hi Hope.
Although I don't get to work with you directly in your wonderful journey with UCP, I am blessed that I was able to work with you until recently. I feel blessed that I am able to follow this journey with you on your blog. You are such an intelligent inspiring woman that has made so many amazing strides. I love how positive you are and how you can bring the positive out in others. You will be a true blessing to UCP and our staff. Congrat's on your new journey.

Amy Slody

Hope,

This is only the beginning! I expect you will be touching many lives in your future and this "culminating event" will be one of many to come. Congrats on your success,and this great blog.

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP