June 7, 2012

The Worlds of Emily Dickinson and I Collide

“I dwell in possibility.”  What powerful words written by Emily Dickinson over a century ago.  To me, the words remain fresh and relevant to this day.  As I think of her later life; sheltered, protected, shut out from the outside world, I wonder if she found poetry, or writing in general, an outlet for her dreams, hopes and aspirations.  Now as I write this, I realize I am like Emily Dickinson, in a way, relying on the power of words to convey my innermost hopes and dreams.  Maybe I have something in common with her: the desire and ability to share my private thoughts and give a voice for those who cannot speak.  “I dwell in possibility” is a motto that we all should heed, I think, even in our darkest moments.

0 comments - Post a Comment:

Blogger template 'Purple Mania' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP